Unit 1: A visit from a pen pal
I. TỪ VỰNG (VOCABULARY)
II. ĐIỂM NGỮ PHÁP (LANGUAGE FOCUS)
(Mệnh đề mong ước)
Có 3 dạng câu mong ước:
- Mong ước không thật ở hiện tại:
Câu khẳng định: S + wish(es) + S + V2/-ed + O (to be = were / weren’t)
Câu phủ định: S + wish(es) + S + didn’t + V1 / S + wish(es) + S + weren’t …
VD: Ben isn’t here. I wish Ben were here.
I wish I could swim.
- Mong ước không thật ở quá khứ:
Câu khẳng định: S + wish(es) + S + had + V3/-ed
Câu phủ định: S + wish(es) + S + hadn’t + V3/-ed
VD: She failed her exam last year. She wishes she hadn’t failed her exam.
- Mong ước không thật trong tương lai
Câu khẳng định: S+ wish(es) + S + would + V1
Câu phủ định: S + wish(es) + S + wouldn’t + V1
VD: I wish you would stop smoking.
Lưu ý: S + wish(es) có thể thay bằng If only
Ex: I wish I weren’t so fat. = If only I weren’t so fat.
III. BÀI TẬP (EXERCISE)
Exercise 1: Fill in the blank with the correct form of the words in brackets
- I wish I (see) ____________ her off at the airport yesterday.
- Tom wishes he (have) _________ enough money to buy a new car now.
- Mary wishes she (become) _________ an astronaut someday.
- He wishes he (not/buy) ______________ that old car.
Exercise 2: Write the sentences
- I’m really sorry I didn’t invite her to the party.
à I really wish …………………………………………………..
- I’m sorry I can’t help you do your homework.
à I wish …………………………………………………..
- She doesn’t like to work with him.
à She wishes …………………………………………….
- I don’t know many people in the town
à I wish …………………………………………….
- It’s a pity the weather isn’t better today.
à I wish …………………………………………….
Exercise 3: Choose the correct words
1. I don't understand this point of grammar. I wish I ______ it better.
A. understood B. would understand C. had understood D. understands
2. It never stops raining here. I wish it ______ raining.
A. stopped B. would stop C. had stopped D. will stop
3. I miss my friends. I wish my friends ______ here right now.
A. were B. would be C. had been D. was
4. I should never have said that. I wish I ______ that.
A. didn't say B. wouldn't say C. hadn't said D. says
5. I speak terrible English. I wish I ______ English well.
A. spoke B. would speak C. had spoken D. speaks
6. I cannot sleep. The dog next door is making too much noise. I wish it ______ quiet.
A kept B. would keep C. had kept D. will keep
7. This train is very slow. The earlier train was much faster. I wish I ____ the earlier train.
A. caught B. would catch C. had caught D. catches
8. I didn't see the TV programme but everybody said it was excellent. I wish I ___ it.
A. saw B. would see C. had seen D. seen
9. I went out in the rain and now I have a bad cold. I wish I ______ out.
A. didn't go B. wouldn't go C. hadn't gone D. went
10. This movie is terrible. I wish we ______ to see another one.
A. went B. would go C. had gone D. go
Exercise 4: Find the mistakes and correct them
- George now wishes he hasn’t broken his encouragement with Marian
A B D
- I sometimes wish that I will have another car.
A B C D
- I wishes you had been at the meeting yesterday.
A B C D
- I wish I didn’t say that to him yesterday.
A B C D
- She wishes that we didn’t send her the candy yesterday because she’s on a diet.
A B C D
Exercise 5: Read the passage and decide whether each of the statement below is TRUE or FALSE
Indonesia is an island nation in Southeast Asia. Its official name is the Republic of Indonesia. It is a member country of the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN). The country's total area is 1,904,443 sq km. Like Vietnam and other countries in Southeast Asia, Indonesia enjoys tropical climate. The rupiah is the official monetary unit of Indonesia, consisting of 100 sen.
The capital of Indonesia is Jakarta and it is also the largest city in the country. Other big cities are Bandung, Surabaya, Medan, Palembang... The population in 2004 was about 238,500,000. Indonesia is the world's fourth most populous country after China, India, and the United States. Islam, which is over eighty per cent of the population practice, is the country's official religion. In addition, there are other religions such as Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism...
The national language is Bahasa Indonesia, which is a modified form of Malay. Besides, about 300 other languages and dialects are spoken. English is increasingly used as the language of business.
1. Indonesia is located in Southeast Asia. _____
2. All the countries in Southeast Asia enjoy tropical climate. _____
3. Islam is the only official religion in Indonesia. _____
4. There are more people in Indonesia than in the USA. _____
5. Indonesia is one of the countries of ASEAN. _____
6. The Indonesian unit of currency is sen. _____
7. Islam is the most common religion in Indonesia. _____
8. Bahasa Indonesia is the only language spoken in Indonesia. _____
The more we care - The more you succeed
- Dạy kèm Toán - Lý - Hóa - Sinh - Văn - Anh theo chương trình phổ thông.
- Luyện thi chuyển cấp lớp 9 lên lớp 10, luyện thi tốt nghiệp THPT Quốc Gia, Luyện thi Đại Học.
- Dạy và luyện thi IELTS - TOEIC - TOEFL - PTE - SAT và các chứng chỉ quốc tế
📌 72/53 Nguyễn Văn Thương, Phường 25, Quận Bình Thạnh, Tp. HCM
Điện thoại: (028).353.66566